Kameshweri Ganesan is learning the Melattur style of Bharathanatyam under Dr. Smt. Sheela Unnikrishnan in Sridevi Nrithyalaya for the past 8 years. She learns the divine art with passion and an intention to discover herself.
Kameshweri, with dedication, has entered the good books of her Guru and has been actively participating in all of Sridevi Nrithyalaya’s dance programs since 2012. Kameshweri completed her Arangetram in the year 2016.
Being a Graded Artiste of Doordarshan Kendra, Chennai, Kameshweri is also a faculty member in Sridevi Nrithyalaya. With ample guidance from her Teachers Dr. Sheela Unnikrishnan and Sri Guru Bharadwaaj, she has also performed ‘Nattuvangam’ for solo performances of other artistes from Sridevi Nrithyalaya.
With keen interest in music and sports, Kameshweri has completed her Bachelors in Journalism from M. O. P. Vaishnav College for Women, Chennai and is currently pursuing Masters is Bharathanatyam from KalaiKaviri, Trichy affiliated to Tamil University, Tanjore.
Her performances in the troupe include thematic presentations like Param – the Ultimate, Leela Taranga Margam, as well as Dance Drama productions like Sri Krishna Vaibhavam, Janani Jagat Karani, Srinivasa Kalyanam, Vande Mataram, Shadaksharam, Parvathi Parinayam etc.
Kameshweri is also nurturing her passion in dramatics and has played the role of Sita in “Seethayin Raman”, directed by Sri Prakash Kutty (‘Kutty Kuzhuvinar’) and produced by Cool Events, in August 2018, which has been staged over ten times in Tamil Nadu. She has also played the role of Manimegalai in “Ponniyin Selvan” directed by Sri Prakash Kutty in 2019. The play “Seethayin Raman” was awarded the ‘Best Mythological Play of the Year’.
She is a passionate singer who has undergone basic training in Hindustani music as well as Carnatic music and participates regularly in Bhajan singing.
· ‘B’ Grade artiste (Bharathanatyam) of Doordarshan Kendra, Chennai – May 2014
· First class graduate of Annamalai University’s Grade – II Certificate Programme in Bharathanatyam – May 2014
· ‘NrithyaVichithra’ title by Sridevi Nrithyalaya – September 2016
· Adjudged as ‘Best Performer’ by Sri ParthasarathySwamySabha, Bharat NrityaUtsav, Chennai – March 2016
· Secured ‘Third Prize’ in All India Competition in Music & Dance by NavyaNatakaSamithi, Hyderabad – November 2017
Notable Solo Performances:
Prathamanjali, Sridevi Nrithyalaya (2014)
Parthasarathy Swami Sabha (2015)
VDS Arts Academy (2017)
Indian Fine Arts Society (2018)
IlamayilThiramai, Sri Krishna GanaSabha (2019)
SABHA, Sridevi Nrithyalaya (2020)
Kartik Fine Arts (2020)
Natyarangam, NaradaGanaSabha (2020)
Notable Group Performances:
· Chidambaram Natyanjali
· Perur Natyanjali
· Sri Krishna Gana Sabha, December Dance Festival
· Music Acadmy Dance & Music Festival – 2017 (Bharathanatyam Group)
· S.U.N.A.INA, New Delhi
· Shivanjali, Sri Lanka – 2018
· Productions of SDN